EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Andrew R. Taylor & Co. is classified as Data Controllers. This means that we decide how your personal data is processed.
Data Protection Officer Contact Details:
If you have any queries about how we use your personal data or, in the event of a complaint, in the first instance contact: Andrew R Taylor F.R.I.C.S., F.I.S.V.A.
71/73 Wellington Road South
Phone: 0800 318121
Your Personal Data What Is It?
Personal data means any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from the information. This includes:-
- personal details such as name, title, address;
- address of the property which is subject of a customer instruction or commission;
- documents and images created by the completion of those customer instructions/commissions such as terms of service agreed with the customer, published report(s) with photographs, records of customer communications (including correspondence, electronic media, and telephone) and/ or with the customers appointed representatives, invoice and payment records.
Where We Collect Personal Information?
- direct from you, your appointed representatives or information that you have made public;
- from public records about you or your landed property.
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
- we use your personal data for the purpose of providing our services as your appointed Chartered Surveyor(s) and Registered Valuers;
- we will only use your personal data to fulfil a legal or contractual obligation, if there is a legitimate business interest or where you agree to it.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
We keep information only for as long as we need to provide our services and for as long as we may need to defend a complaint or legal proceedings, or as required by Law and to comply with Regulatory and Contract requirements.
Sharing Your Personal Data?
We may share your personal data, in the normal course of supplying our service, with:
- the owner/occupier (and/or their appointed Agent) of the property which is the subject of your instructions/commission(s) when arranging the property inspection;
- your appointed representatives where you instruct us to do so;
- Regulators, Law Enforcement, Professional Indemnity Brokers & Insurers and their appointed professional advisers, and the Ombudsman Service (property) or other Government Regulated alternative dispute resolution service;
- retained IT consultants during the maintenance of our IT equipment and software;
- we do not sell your personal data to any third party;
- we do not use your data to undertake direct marketing to former, existing, or prospective customers unless invited by those customers.
Transfer of Personal Data Abroad?
We do not transfer your personal data outside of the UK unless it is to yourself, or an appointed representative, without your prior written permission.
Your Rights and Your Personal Data?
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:-
- Object to us processing it. We will either agree to stop processing or explain why we are unable to (the right to object).
- Ask us to update or correct your personal data to ensure its accuracy (the right of rectification).
- Ask us to delete your personal data from our records if it is no longer needed for the original purpose or for handling a future complaint or enquiry (the right to be forgotten).
- Ask us to restrict the processing of personal data in certain circumstances (the right of restriction).
- Ask for a copy of your personal data that we hold, subject to certain exemptions (data subject access request).
- Ask for a copy of your personal data, so that it can be used for your own purposes (the right to data portability).
- Complain directly to the Information Commissioners Officer if your feel your personal data has been mishandled. We encourage individuals to come to us in the first instance.
- Ask us, at any time, to stop processing your personal data, if the processing is based only on an individual consent (the right to withdraw from consent).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact Andrew R Taylor F.R.I.C.S., F.I.S.V.A., our Data Protection Officer.
Changes to our Privacy Notice:
If we make changes to this notice we will provide an updated version at the earliest opportunity.